Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Things that change once your a mommy, volume 1


It is absolutely crazy how your wants change once your a mommy. 
Once I lusted for coach bags, high heels, and trips to the spa.
Now?
Rain boots, diaper bags and cameras. 


I used to religiously wash, dry and straighten my hair 6 days a week.
Now?
I'm lucky to wash it 2-3 times a week, and blow dry and straightening? Thats like a spa day all in its own!!

Every weekend, I would go out shopping with my girlfriends.
Now?
I havent been shopping in 8 weeks, and running errands is still a challenge! But we're getting better every trip

But do you know what else has changed?

My house is cleaner, a lot cleaner.
My relationship with my husband is stronger than ever
Speaking of husbands, I am more in love with him than ever watching him be a father
My heart is so so so full, its truly something you cannot explain
I want to continually better my life and prepare for our future




And the MOST important thing of all?
I don't care anymore. Wait, what?!
I don't care that my clothes have spit up on them, that my hair isn't crystal clean and straight. I don't care that I'm missing out on going out for drinks. But most importantly...
I don't care about people to don't care about us. I'm not going to beg people to spend time with us. Plain and simple, its their loss. Without going into great details, unfortunately a lot of people in our life have disappointed us lately. But you know what? The little girl in our lives truly lights up our lives, and the people who DO want to spend time with us, those are the people that matter the most.

And I cannot ever be grateful enough that I get to spend my days with these two.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on blog reading. I feel your pain with people disappearing. I've even heard of some complaining they haven't met our mister yet haven't reached out to us once. So frustrating. But your right it's thier loss!!

    Ahh to have clean hair everyday again... It's only in our dreams!

    ReplyDelete